Monday 13 August 2018

Oh no, evil car driving goblins distracted me!

Oh wow it has been a while since I made a blog post. The reason for that is (well many) but includes new video games, holidays in far flung islands off the coast of Africa & a different tabletop game that has caught my attention.


Yep this is Gaslands and it is really cool. Nothing like hitting the nitro like Vin Diesel in Fast and Furious, racing forward, only to ram into the back of a flamethrower equipped van driven by a nomadic parcel delivery worker.


Monster trucks, vans, tanks all catered for in this game.

The beauty of this game is any hot wheels or matchbox car can be used, you don't even need to convert or paint to get a game going, which is great for those who don't want to commit to the expensive black hole other tabletop army games can be. Of course this hasn't stopped me from converting up a car :)

An old Darda police car undergoes a weapon fit.

From the attic I found an old toy car made by Darda. It is one of the pull back and let go ones you used to be able to get. Here I have added a toy accesory gun to the top.

No I didn't put it in a fire :)

A quick undercoat in black is applied, also added some wiring from some ancient apple ear phones to give the weapon a fuel line adding some realism.
Flamethrower is ready!

Drybrushed a load of boltgun metal to the car, with some red and browns to the flamethrower and there you have it a quick and easy car done for Gaslands. This took about 1 hour to do in all and I am happy with the end result.

In other news and in a separate post to be created later, I have painted up another ork and a classic 2nd Edition gretchin for my small force of freshly painted orks.

.
.
'Nom,nom, nom'
.
.

"What was that?", I think I heard a disturbance in the void of space. I fear a great and hungry kill team may be approaching ...

Stay tuned until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment