Monday 4 February 2019

Close your eyes ...Werewolves open your eyes!

It's awfully bright for night time! Why can I smell wet dog?

"Hoooooowl!"
(Throws stick.)


Yep this is a little post about Werewolves, notably the Heresy Miniature which I picked up when I bought some of the Heresy hive ganger minis for my Delaque gang (A post for another time) along with a few other bits.

Expectantly bounces around hoping I throw the stick again.


The odd thing is I have no use for the mini in itself. My warhammer fantasy gaming is close to nil (apart from the 3rd edition chaos warband I am making at a glacial pace.) plus a werewolf is actually fairly obscure to use even if I did play a lot of fantasy tabletop. Heck they stopped giving it rules after 3rd edition (apart from that dogs of war were-bear guy).

Who wants there ears scratched? You do, good boy!

Which begs the question why did I get this guy? The answer is a combination of liking werewolf movies and sometimes I just want to paint something that looks cool.

Woof!? You have a cousin in Hollywood? 

This werewolf is undeniably cool (even if he is naked) with it's wiry muscle and full running action pose. A lot of werewolf models are either howling at the moon or quite stocky which isn't what I really associate with these monsters. I think this is partly because of the the movies where werewolves are often bulky and seem mostly wolf instead of wolfman (looking at you American Werewolf in London/Paris films & Twilight). I much prefer the look of them in Dog Soldiers but maybe with a face more akin to the crate creature in Creepshow.

You want me to throw the stick again? ... "tail wags"


Still it was enjoyable painting this furry beast with different shades of brown to convey the fur and some nice features on the face to show off it's bloodthirsty cravings. I added a log/stick to the base to cover up a hole, it is made from wine bottle cork.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment