Thursday 6 January 2022

“HAIL TO THE KING, BABY”

There is a series of horror movies (and a tv show) that hold a special place in my heart. They are not super scare fests or serious, but they are very entertaining, full of gore, splatter and funny. I am naturally talking about the Evil Dead franchise.


Over the course of three* movies and a TV series Ash Williams (played by the icon of B-movie cinema Bruce Campbell) gets dragged through hell and back after reading from The Necronomicon: The Book of the Dead. These films urged me to find a suitable miniature version of Ash, whether he gets used in any game is neither here nor there. I was looking forward to painting him up either way.

Ash in Army of Darkness

On searching I found Hasslefree miniatures did an excellent Ash model called Oakley. It comes with the as required 12 Gauge and chainsaw for a hand but if you wanted he could be equipped with a samurai sword or an axe. Not that I was giving him anything but his chainsaw hand so they went straight in the bitz box.


Paint scheme wise this wasn't going to be a surprise as I wanted to stay faithful to the films and show.  Which means a blue shirt, brown trousers and red chainsaw.

"Good, Bad, I'm the Guy with a Gun"

The real question was do I add blood splatter or not? Although it could be fun I decided against the gore for my Ash. Those Deadites haven't found him just yet. 

“Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up! See this? This… is my boomstick!”

So there we go a bit of Evil Dead / Bruce Campbell / Ash to start 2022. Groovy!

Until next time :)

*I'm not counting that remake that came out a few years back.

No comments:

Post a Comment