Thursday 2 September 2021

I think I'm a banana tree... the oddest of Orks


Oh wow it's been a bit of time since I added a post to this blog hasn't it? The last post was back in March!! where did the summer go?

Boss man it still snowing out here!! Found dis nice skull of a ooman though!

Well better something than nothing so here is another post about Madboys the characterful but fairly useless ork army choice in 2nd edition. As I have managed to get them all painted up now it seemed fitting for a little showcase. It's a small squad of only six but they have so much character I'd have to include them in any ork army list for the fun of it.

We all goin' on da summerz holidayz, drinkin squiggy colada in da snow!

A couple of shots of the front and back of these orks would be a nice, to show all the little details they have. So click on the read more to see individual photos.

Madboy Savant - This Ork was a lot of fun to paint with his tongue sticking out like a complete loon. I decided to try out vertical stripes on his shirt which I think came out well.

Taste the snowflakes, tongue iz numb now, waaaagh!


All the madboys in this unit have a little emblem on the back. I felt they needed something to mark them out as a unit even if they are all madder than a box of frogs.

If dey shoot me ere, I will be fine. Smiley face told me so.


Mad Boy Melankolik - I featured this Madboy before in a previous post which can be found here https://oldhammer40kquest.blogspot.com/2020/04/mad-boys-for-life.html but for some reason didn't do a photo of his back. We can remedy that now.

Too sad for face photo, go away nowz


Mad Boy Deliriak - This is the other madboy that got his own blogpost previously which can be found here https://oldhammer40kquest.blogspot.com/2019/09/mad-boys-mad-boys-whatcha-gonna-do.html

Ere didn't we do dis before boss? Get to the other ladz!

I am pleased with how the new generation ork arms work so well with some of the older models. Having said that it's a case of trail and error as some are just too big on these smaller orks.

Got to find dat gyro-mobilised ork now.


Madboy Lunatik - Not really sure what this ork is supposed to be doing? Happily dodging a land mine, dancing to the latest Cardi B chart topper? Either way this loony blood axe has some moves.

Which way do I go? Which way do I go?

I scrapped the whirl badge that I said was going to ebe the emblem for these madboys and instead made a unique one for each ork. This guy clearly likes toadstools or possibly the 40k variant grimdark Super Mario.

I ate a mushroom and need to fix da water pipes!


Madboy Manik - Ah this ork had a previous life as an ork nob for 3rd Edition 40k. At the time I liked his pose so gave him that hat and the iron jaw plate. Since then he has been reverted back to being a madboy minus the iron jaw which reveals he has some sinus issues!

I dream I was an nob wiv a metal jaw. But everything was dreary.

Again another different back logo this time an attempt at a fish. Not my best but who said orks were any use at artwork? He's too busy chucking grenades to worry about it.

Got me hat and ma fish emblem, wot you say it look like a fish?


Madboy Moronik - The final ork madboy seems lost in thought so I thought taking page out of Hamlet I would let him carry a skull he has found. As an observation the left arm used here is the most awkward arm as even if you want to use it for the intended carry a gun in two hands it's not quite angled the way you would like. But for carrying skulls, it's works really well.

Alas poor ooman, I dropped your jawbone o'er dere!

The final back logo I just went for a creepy smiley face. Fits the aesthetic of the group and looks suitably insane.

Hello, I am a creepy face so I can watch for sneeks attack.


There we go, an update to this blog after so much time. Hopefully this might mean some more in the future I do have photos already prepped and ready.

Until Next Time :)





No comments:

Post a Comment